|Home||» Products||» Asbestos||» Compestos|
Our Compestos are moulded by making use of asbestos cloth with thermosetting resins and are specifically manufactured for engineering applications. The high content of asbestos, top-notch grade of binder and special press-curing techniques provide high degree of mechanical strength. These materials are heat resistant, hard wearing and unaffected by a broad spectrum of chemicals and solvents.
Compestos materials do not need specials lubricants. They are favorable with water emulsions, several chemicals and normal lubricating oils, compounds, grease, molybdenum di-sulphide paste etc.
Compestos materials are characterized by the following outstanding properties:
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Low moisture absorption
- Good wear and chemical resistance
- Very high strength to weight ratio
- High impact resistance
- High temperature resistance
- Excellent irradiation characteristics
- Resistant to vermin attack.
- Impervious to effects of moisture of marine exposure
These outstanding properties make compestos superior to conventional materials for application involving bearings, wearing pads, gears and other rotating or reciprocating parts.
GRADE LS 30
This is the General purpose laminated Sheet having a dry lubricating incorporated evenly throughout the structure which lowers the co-efficient of friction and imparts self lubricating properties. LS 30 can be effectively used under widely differing conditions, involving:
- High surface speed with lighter loads or low speeds with heavy loads,
- Parts subjected to high stresses,
- Situations where by normal methods is difficult, intermittent or indeed impossible,
- Situations where corrosive conditions, electrical conductivity etc. rule out the use of metals.
This is a special application Laminated Sheet, having relatively high co-efficient of friction. Grade LS 10 is an Effective replacement for Grade LS 30 where frictional forces are minimum and external lubrication is possible
owing to its good electrical resistance and antistatic nature, it is utilized as a flooring material in railways.
Bearings, Bushes, Centre Pivots, Wear Strips, Thrust Washers, Rubbing Pads, Doctor Blades, Rotor Blades and Compressor Blades, Seatings, Facings, Guides, Slides, Tread Plates, Valve Discs, Pump Rings, Gears and Impellers.
Range of Sizes
LS30 and LS10 are both available in sheet size of 1000mm x 1000 mm. and in the thickness range of 3.0 mm to 51.0 mm. Sheet sizes other than 1000mm x 1000mm. can also be supplied if production volume and constraints permit.